Tuesday, September 1, 2009

But enough about me...

But enough about me…
I haven’t really taken a chance to say Hi! I’ve been a bit busy. So someone called out the fact that I haven’t done much in terms of a bio on this site. If you want to read my professional bio, go to www.KiaHowey.com. But here’s the bio for my friends …and you are my friend right?I thought so.

I’m a working entrepremom of two brilliantly fun, smart and loving boys –ages 8 and 2. I’m lucky enough to share my life with my wonderful husband of 9 years (sounds mushy, right?). I work full time as a website communications manager at Plaid Enterprises, a large craft manufacturing company. There are a lot of things about my job that I love including the fact work with wonderfully creative and fun people and love working in the online space. Plus, Plaid makes great products that I promise I will use more when I have time. LOL. I especially love working on social media and community web projects.

So I run two primarily online businesses, http://www.kianicole.com/ , which specializes in personalized gifts, invitations and home décor for kids of all colors. And of course http://www.urbanpaperloft.com/ which I started at the top of this year. So here’s a typical day. Wake up late (but still early for many). Hurry to get dresses; get to work where I may be planning website promotions or something like that. Go to lunch and plan world domination with one of my entreprefriends like Jonetta or Jasi, while running errands. Go back to work. Work. Leave work, pick up boys. Cook, do homework, baths, while planning my evening work. Bedtime and then I work on my business for 15 minutes to a few hours at night. On the weekends we explore Atlanta and rest.Glamorous, right?

I equally love design and the internet business part so basically that’s what I do in my spare time. I also like to read and am a big foodie. I cook a lot. As I am quickly approaching my mid 30s, other things are becoming more important like taking better care of myself and finding little ways to pamper myself.I love hip hop, urban culture, cities, Atlanta (most of the time), arts, fashion and design. I love meeting and learning about inspiring women and entrepreneurs. I love letting people know about the things that make my life more enjoyable, beautiful and fun. And that’s what this blog is about. Hope you enjoy and thanks for checkin’ in.

2 comments:

Lotus of Wadi Arts said...

Kia, you are doing your thing! Mommies who have businesses rock!

Naturi Beauty said...

I love this post! Thanks for sharing. Naturi Beauty loves to bond with fellow foodies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails