Thursday, August 6, 2009

Arise Magazine




The last year has found me growingly disappointed with the few magazine choices available in book stores and newstands. Many of the smaller publications have folded-including some of my favorites, leaving a dwindling variety of options-especially those small art-related magazines or those featuring black women in fashion and style. So I was so happy to discover Arise Magazine on my last trip to Barnes and Nobles this weekend. I snagged a copy of their fourth issue. With the tagline, Africa's Global Style and Culture Magazine, this oversized publication was full of intriguing editorial, global fashion and music information. I was thrilled with the variety diversity of models, quality writing and overall feel of the mag. So check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails